guix-devel

Re: Python

From: Lars-Dominik Braun
Subject: Re: Python
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2023 20:12:08 +0100

Hi,

> Do we have a list of packages in the python importer that can be removed
> from inputs? Like already exists for hackage (and maybe others)?
I’m not aware of any list like that and to compile it we’d probably
have to build all python-* packages and check whether any of their
installed modules collides with anything the python package itself
provides (where collision does not necessarily mean file collision,
but package namespace collision in the Python world).

Cheers,
Lars