guix-devel

Re: Qt in core-updates

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Qt in core-updates
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2023 18:59:52 +0100

In the context of security problems and package removal, I just noticed
(by "./pre-inst-env guix package -A ^qt") that we still have a qtwebkit
package. The latest release dates from 2020, and this also the last
release, if I understand correctly that the project has been abandoned.

However:
Building the following 31 packages would ensure 43 dependent packages are
rebuilt: kdewebkit@5.98.0 psi@1.5 lmms@1.2.2 python-pymol@2.5.0 hplip@3.22.4
toutenclic@7.00 cura@4.13.1 electron-cash@4.2.12 trezor-agent@0.14.4
electrum@4.3.2 frescobaldi@3.1.3 flyer-composer@1.0rc2
rapid-photo-downloader@0.9.18 asymptote@2.84 python-woob@3.0 orange@3.32.0
pyzo@4.12.4 offlate@0.6.1 qgis@3.26.2 openmolar@1.0.15-gd81f9e5 autokey@0.95.10
nanovna-saver@0.5.3 qspectrumanalyzer@2.1.0 gnss-sdr@0.0.17 gqrx@2.15.9
urh@2.9.3 python-setools@4.4.0 plover@4.0.0.dev12 manuskript@0.14.0 dream@2.2
aseba@1.6.0-0.3b35de8

So it looks like there is some work ahead to update or remove these packages.

Andreas