guix-devel

Re: Building more of ‘core-updates’ on ci.guix

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Building more of ‘core-updates’ on ci.guix
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2023 15:22:09 +0200

Hello all,

Am Fri, Mar 31, 2023 at 10:54:23AM +0200 schrieb Andreas Enge:
> > Well, it does not seem to work.
> >    https://ci.guix.gnu.org/
> > shows "all" under build, but
> >    https://ci.guix.gnu.org/jobset/core-updates
> > has a few evaluations made after the change that do not take it into
> > account. For instance, 341091 on commit 35b208c shows no new builds.
> > Help welcome, I have no idea what is happening!
> It looks like since my change to "all" of core-updates, the dashboard
> has also disappeared; for instance I see no dots in
>    https://ci.guix.gnu.org/eval/341091/dashboard

Ludovic and Chris have corrected a problem in dune.scm in commit
   01d9859821c5df6cc76c59e48fddd3c8cfa88ff0
Now all of core-updates is being built, and the dashboard is back.
Thanks a lot!

This means that people can now work on repairing their favourite missing
package, while having substitutes available from berlin (there are also
some on bordeaux).

The situation looks quite good for x86_64, and a bit less so on i686.
The aarch64 dashboard is completely red, due to an early build failure
by timeout of gcc.

powerpc is also completely red due to an early build failure in libstdc++,
see the last few lines of
   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/707624/log/raw
and this bug report:
   http://issues.guix.trop.in/61879