guix-devel

Re: Deploying experimental versions of Guix

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: Deploying experimental versions of Guix
Date: Sun, 7 May 2023 17:46:04 -0700

Hi David,

On Wed, May 3, 2023 at 12:20 PM david larsson
<david.larsson@selfhosted.xyz> wrote:

> creating a custom profile with a channels file containing a
> 'guix channel pointing to your modified guix version, and more custom
> channels as you wish (add to the same list), should solve it:

Yes, it did indeed!

I am already writing this from an experimental system generation that
would make Guix more secure, easier to use, and more resilient to
hardware changes. With the technical challenge of reconfiguring
solved, my sole obstacle is now the expected storm of objections—or
perhaps more likely ignorance—to my proposed changes. Thanks so much!

Csepp, thanks for your response as well, and also for any private
messages I may have received from others.

Kind regards
Felix