guix-devel

Re: RISC-V (riscv64-linux) substitutes are coming

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: RISC-V (riscv64-linux) substitutes are coming
Date: Tue, 9 May 2023 07:29:30 -0700

Hi,

On Tue, May 9, 2023 at 6:51 AM Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> wrote:

> Unfortunately it seems a bit stuck trying to upload the build results
> back to the coordinator due to the suspendable ports issues in
> guile-gnutls

While I'm totally unfamiliar with the build farm, I thought I'd give a
quick shoutout to ZeroMQ. [1] I had great success with it in similar
settings.

"Sometimes you just need a better socket" was the motto of the lead
developer and advocate Pieter Hintjens, who unfortunately left too
soon. ZeroMQ performs well when compared with other messaging systems.
[2][3][4]

Kind regards
Felix

[1] https://zeromq.org/