guix-devel

Re: How can we decrease the cognitive overhead for contributors?

From: Attila Lendvai
Subject: Re: How can we decrease the cognitive overhead for contributors?
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 21:35:04 +0000

> > > straight out forgotten/ignored submissions (khm). especially if
> > > it's about some hw or some sw that none of the committers care
> > > about, or could test locally (e.g. Trezor support:
> > > https://issues.guix.gnu.org/65037 that
> > > doesn't even build in master).
>
> Do you mean that Trezor doesn't currently build on master or that this
> series doesn't build relative to master any longer? It'd be quite

in master `guix build python-daemon` leads to an attempted local build that
fails. the rest of the stack depends on python-daemon.

this has been the case for several months now.

a previous iteration of this fix is back from 2022 dec:

https://issues.guix.gnu.org/58437#7

it was pending long enough to get obsolete by new releases of the projects.

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39