guix-devel

Re: bug#65391: People need to report failing builds even

From: Andy Tai
Subject: Re: bug#65391: People need to report failing builds even
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 14:26:11 -0700

On 2023-08-27 02:13, 宋文武 wrote:
> Maybe we can automatically report the failures as bugs, say every 7
> days, and remove a package if it still fail to build in 90 days?

Hi, maybe build failures should be limited to certain platforms that
can cause this treatment, such as (32-bit) x86, x86-64 and arm-64, so
build failures on other platforms would not make a package removed if
build failure not fixed

The reason is that most people do not have arm32, PowerPC or Risc-V
hardware so these platforms may be more likely to suffer build
failures and for most people x86 and 64-bit arm platforms are what
they use.  Build failures on the less common platforms can be fixed if
there are people with resources and interests, and wanting to fix them