guix-devel

Re: Thank you for using Emacs

From: Peter Polidoro
Subject: Re: Thank you for using Emacs
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2023 10:51:04 -0400

MSavoritias <email@msavoritias.me> writes:

What i meant more was:

- Offer an alternative to Emacs.

- Specify a distro like doom Emacs that comes with better defaults.

I would maybe lean towards the second one i here fyi. I agree it would be nice
to introduce people to lisp modifiable editors :D

I would lean towards the first option of adding a totally different alternative to Emacs, the simpler the better.

Introducing anyone to Emacs for the first time, Doom, vanilla, or otherwise, in the manual is just going down a rabbit hole of raising more questions than it answers.

I really appreciate that Emacs documentation is in the manual for those who already use it, but there must be way easier free software options out there.