guix-devel

How to send revision patches to old issues in DEBBUGS so Guix QA can loo

From: Andy Tai
Subject: How to send revision patches to old issues in DEBBUGS so Guix QA can look at them?
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 13:46:17 -0700

Hi, per Chris's recent comments, Guix QA only looks at (a window of)
recently created issues due to storage space limitations, which is
understandable.

However, if I have update (package definition) patches to not very
recent issues, such as some stale issues sitting there for some time,
Guix QA does not pick these revisions up.  Then these revisions will
not be reviewed and would not be merged.

Ideally, Guix QA should look at recent patch submissions to the
guix-patches mailing list but not sure if that is easy to implement.

Then what is the best way to make recent patches to old issues covered
by Guix QA?  I tried to create new issues and then merge old issues
into the new ones but that is probably not a good way to go or good
thing to do.