guix-devel

Re: Rust <3 Guix

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: Rust <3 Guix
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 08:35:00 +0200

On Sun, Dec 24, 2023 at 08:35:36PM +0000, jgart wrote:
> Hi Guixers,
>
> What do you think I am missing?
>
> Completion works.
> Clippy works.
> Rustfmt works.
>
> `rust-compile` from emacs-rust-mode does not work :(
>
> I get the following error listed in the README when I try to compile the
> following Rust Guix project:
>
> https://git.sr.ht/~whereiseveryone/crab-meets-gnu

I saw in a later commit you said it's working.  Do you need both
nss-certs and curl?

Also, rust-analyzer is basically a convenience package around the
rust-analyzer binary from rust:tools since we don't have a way to
deprecate packages and point them to alternate outputs.

--
Efraim Flashner   <efraim@flashner.co.il>   רנשלפ םירפא