guix-devel

Trying to use guix-android

From: Tobias Alexandra Platen
Subject: Trying to use guix-android
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 18:49:59 +0100

I added the guix-android channel[1] and did a guix pull.
Then in a new terminal window I started guix repl,
and followed the instructions in the readme.

But I got a:

guix repl
GNU Guile 3.0.9
Copyright (C) 1995-2023 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Guile comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `,show w'.
This program is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `,show c' for details.

Enter `,help' for help.
scheme@(guix-user)> ,use (android import repo)
While executing meta-command:
no code for module (android import repo)
scheme@(guix-user)> (let ((manifest (get-manifest)))
  (fetch-manifest-repositories manifest))
;;; <stdin>:2:17: warning: possibly unbound variable `get-manifest'
;;; <stdin>:3:3: warning: possibly unbound variable `fetch-manifest-
repositories'
ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
error: get-manifest: unbound variable

Entering a new prompt.  Type `,bt' for a backtrace or `,q' to continue.
scheme@(guix-user) [1]>

So for now I fall back to repo and download from[2].

[1] https://framagit.org/tyreunom/guix-android
[2] https://github.com/LineageOS/android.git