guix-devel

Re: New mumi www and mumi compose subcommands

From: Arun Isaac
Subject: Re: New mumi www and mumi compose subcommands
Date: Wed, 15 May 2024 23:52:40 +0100

Hi Ludo,

>> The www and compose subcommands rely on xdg-open to open your browser
>> and mail client correctly.
>
> Won’t work with Gnus, but nice still.  ;-)

If it's a matter of getting our .desktop files working correctly for
different email clients, we should do so. It would be good to have this
working out of the box for everyone, including people who use webmail
clients like gmail. The larger purpose of the mumi CLI client is to have
good tooling for our non-Emacs users too.

> Should “we” (i.e., you :-)) add these examples to the “Debbugs User
> Interfaces” section of the manual?

He, he! :-) Sure, will do!

Regards,
Arun