guix-devel

Re: [shepherd] several patches that i deem ready

From: Attila Lendvai
Subject: Re: [shepherd] several patches that i deem ready
Date: Fri, 24 May 2024 16:57:13 +0000

> i've rebased my commits on top of the devel branch, and in the process i've
> reordered them into a least controversial order for your cherry-picking
> convenience:
>
> https://codeberg.org/attila-lendvai-patches/shepherd/commits/branch/various
>
> i just started a wave of deeper testing after the rebase, so the more complex
> commits may change, but those need further work/negotiation anyway.

Ludo, the first commit ('Replace stop with stop-service in power-off of the
root service.') used to serve to avoid a warning, but on the 'devel' branch it
is now essential:

# halt
halt: error: exception caught while executing 'power-off' on service 'root':
Unbound variable: stop

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39