guix-devel

Re: Call for contribution to the Guix infrastructure

From: Jonathan Brielmaier
Subject: Re: Call for contribution to the Guix infrastructure
Date: Sun, 26 May 2024 11:05:15 +0200

Hello Ludo,

Am 24.05.24 um 15:51 schrieb Ludovic Courtès:
   • Hosting

     We’re looking for people who can host machines and help out whenever
     physical access is needed.  More specifically:

       - We need hosting of “small” machines such as single-board
         computers (AArch64, RISC-V) for use as build machines.

       - We need hosting for front-ends and x86_64 build machines in a
         data center where they can be racked and where, ideally, several
         local Guix sysadmins can physically access them.

     The machines should be accessible over Wireguard VPN most of the
     time, so longer power or network interruptions should be the
     exception.

     Prerequisites: Familiarity with installing and remotely
     administering Guix System.

I offered my help in hosting an ARM build machine (Softiron Overdrive)
at home to guix-sysadmin@gnu.org in March 2024.
But apart from Maxim's reply I did not receive an answer from the Guix
Sysadmins...

~Jonathan