[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Wed, 11 Oct 2017 21:52:46 +0200
Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/25.3 (gnu/linux)
ng0 <address@hidden> skribis:
> Marius Bakke transcribed 43K bytes:
>> Hello Guix!
>> Attached is a patch for Chromium, a popular web browser.
>> It requires the new ld wrapper from 'core-updates' and a very powerful
>> build machine (a quad-core Sandy Bridge Xeon uses 2-3 hours).
>> Note that I cannot guarantee timely delivery of security updates. Major
>> version upgrades are hugely painful, and almost always contain many
>> high-severity fixes. Should we mention that in the description?
>> Happy for any feedback.
> could this patch be merged into master now?
Probably (I think at the time Marius submitted it the ‘ld’ wrapper
enhancements were not in ‘master’ yet.)
For the security aspect though, given that it’s a fairly critical
component, I’d like to have Leo’s opinion. Thoughts?
> It would be too bad to see this gathering digitial dust.
- [bug#28004] Chromium, ng0, 2017/10/10
- [bug#28004] Chromium,
Ludovic Courtès <=
- [bug#28004] Chromium, Leo Famulari, 2017/10/12
- [bug#28004] Chromium, ng0, 2017/10/12
- [bug#28004] Chromium, Ludovic Courtès, 2017/10/13
- [bug#28004] Chromium, Marius Bakke, 2017/10/18
- [bug#28004] Chromium, ng0, 2017/10/19
- [bug#28004] Chromium, Marius Bakke, 2017/10/24