[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[bug#30572] [PATCH 4/7] gnu: When building in a VM, share a temporary di
[bug#30572] [PATCH 4/7] gnu: When building in a VM, share a temporary directory.
Tue, 20 Mar 2018 04:20:39 +0100
Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/25.3 (gnu/linux)
Danny Milosavljevic <address@hidden> writes:
> There are now three manual "-virtfs" arguments to qemu. It's starting to irk
> a little. It might make sense to generate those from %linux-vm-filesystems
> in order to not have so much duplication and places where things can go wrong
> when maintaining.
> If you'd like, could you maybe pass the %linux-vm-filesystems to
> load-in-linux-vm and then automatically calculate those -virtfs entries?
> (In a future patchset - I don't wanna hold up this one)
I agree this would be nice. I also agree we should do it in a future
> There's already common-qemu-options which would support
> and %store-mapping, so actually it would make sense to use those (probably
> to move build/vm.scm's load-in-linux-vm into system/vm.scm
> expression->derivation-in-linux-vm so the qemu stuff isn't scattered all over
> the place - right now, half is in gnu/system/vm.scm and a mostly redundant
> is in gnu/build/vm.scm ... not ideal).
> There's a "mapping->file-system" helper, so it might make sense to use
> <file-system-mapping> instead of <file-system> in %linux-vm-filesystems.
> So all in all:
> * Modify %linux-vm-filesystems to be file-system-mappings instead of
> Also modify the place it is used.
> * Move load-in-linux-vm to gnu/system/vm.scm (maybe inline into caller).
> * Modify load-in-linux-vm to use common-qemu-options.
> Notice that the "-append" option is passed twice. Bug... <-- I just fixed
> that in master
Good catch! Thank you for fixing it.
> If you want I can do it.
I wish I could say "I'll do it!", but honestly I might not be able to
get to it for a few weeks. So if you have the time, by all means please
do it! Otherwise, I might get around to it eventually.
Description: PGP signature
- [bug#30572] [PATCH 3/7] vm: Allow control of deduplication in root-partition-initializer., (continued)
- [bug#30572] [PATCH 3/7] vm: Allow control of deduplication in root-partition-initializer., Chris Marusich, 2018/03/15
- [bug#30572] [PATCH 5/7] guix: Rewrite build-docker-image to allow more paths., Chris Marusich, 2018/03/15
- [bug#30572] [PATCH 7/7] tests: Add tests for "guix system disk-image" et al., Chris Marusich, 2018/03/15
- [bug#30572] [PATCH 4/7] gnu: When building in a VM, share a temporary directory., Chris Marusich, 2018/03/15
- [bug#30572] [PATCH 6/7] system: Add "guix system docker-image" command., Chris Marusich, 2018/03/15
- [bug#30572] [PATCH 2/7] tests: Add tests for "guix pack"., Chris Marusich, 2018/03/15