gutopia-dev

Re: [rgui-dev] ParaGUI or ClanLib binding

From: Tom Sawyer
Subject: Re: [rgui-dev] ParaGUI or ClanLib binding
Date: 22 Aug 2002 21:30:33 -0600

hi Leon,

thanks for the fast response.

lets see, as for what i'm running i assume you mean my versions of
things:

        debian woody
        ruby 1.6.7
        swig 1.3.13

i checked configure.in and those lines ARE present, so the patch worked,
right?

but the toplevel Makefile and the /bindings/ruby/Makefile do not contain
anything. the lines look like this:

RUBY =
RUBY_INCLUDE_DIR =
RUBY_INSTALL_DIR =

then i checked to see what was being returned:

ruby -e "require 'rbconfig'; puts Config::CONFIG['includedir']"
> /usr/include

ruby -e "require 'rbconfig'; puts Config::CONFIG['sitearchdir']"
> /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.6/i386-linux

i'm not sure about the second line, but the first dosen't match for my
system so i looked at all the Config::CONFIG output and ['archdir']
point straight to where the ruby.h file is. so i changed this line in
configure.in from:

RUBY_INCLUDE_DIR=[`ruby -e "require 'rbconfig'; puts
Config::CONFIG['includedir']"`]/ruby

to:

RUBY_INCLUDE_DIR=[`ruby -e "require 'rbconfig'; puts
Config::CONFIG['archdir']"`]

but this doesn't seem to do it. same problem. i deleted configure.cache,
which i beleive will make sure it looks for everything anew, right? and
by the way i'm running it all as root.

finally Makefile.am does exist.

is that enough for you to figure it out? i don't often compile code, so
i'm not sure what to try next.

thanks again,
~tom