gutopia-dev

Re: [rgui-dev] API Time

From: Tom Sawyer
Subject: Re: [rgui-dev] API Time
Date: 28 Aug 2002 03:14:38 -0600

did some major work on the wiki tonight.

please check this page out and help fill it out:

  http://www.rubygui.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?GUtopIa_Meta-Components

by the way. personally i feel things are starting to look really good.
our ideas and directions are starting to solidify. i think soon we will
be able to make a bee-line to getting a working system out to the
community.

we need to finish up this discussion on backends, our choices boil down
to this:

  1. use existing ruby bindings: Ruby/GTK, SWin/VRuby, etc.
  2. create a ruby binding to SWT C and use that.
  3. don't use bindings, use Ruby/DL to talk directly to GUI libraries.

~tom