gutopia-dev

Re: [rgui-dev] Camelot

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: Re: [rgui-dev] Camelot
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 18:00:47 +0200

Tom Sawyer wrote:

hence, we will delegate like so:

  Windows   : Bob and Curt
  Linux GTk : Tom
  MacOS X   : ? (have to find someone. anyone?)
  ParaGUI   : Leon
  Wise      : Kero (have to work out multi-platform issue, we'll talk)

Tom,

First let me tell you that your decision is good because a) it's yours and b) it sounds like you are other people are willing to go this way which as Leon said is utterly important for an Open Source project

And i really want to see Ruby/DL put to work in practice. This alone is an intereating part of the project.

> Laurent, do you want to help me with GTK or do GTK2? or what?

As I said I want to stay focused on FreeRIDE. Having a cross platform IDE for Ruby is probably the 2nd most important thing after having a well accpeted and universal GUI. As a FreeRIDE I can promise you that when GUTOPIA is mature enough I will probably be your first real user for a real (and complex) application.

I hope Curt, Rich, and some others whom I have seen on this ML will also keep an eye on FreeRIDE.

Laurent
--
Laurent JULLIARD - Xerox R&T/SSTC/XPA - Open Source team