gwl-devel

Re: Comments on process template syntax

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Comments on process template syntax
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 16:21:29 +0100

Hi Ricardo,

On Tue, 4 Feb 2020 at 11:12, Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> wrote:

If I understand correctly, you are proposing this sugar:

1.
>    process list-file-template (with filename)

2.
>    process list-file-template
>      with filename

3.
>    process list-file-template : with filename

The 1. and 2. appear to me nicer that the 3..

As I said, I am not a fan of colon ':' extra space.
And it is counterintuitive with plain regular English: the rule is
"word: space" and not "word space : space".
(Note that it is not the case in French where the rule is "word
half-space : space".)

Cheers,
simon