gwl-devel

Re: Problem with texlive-default-updmap.cfg

From: Ontje.Luensdorf
Subject: Re: Problem with texlive-default-updmap.cfg
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 06:31:32 +0000

Hi Ricardo,

> Commit 2afadeea66e01f6d78e01eee910d2868f27531b8 works around this
> problem by not sharing the same Guile process that was used to launch
> “guix workflow”.

confirmed, my hello world workflow now works, thanks!

> So to avoid “contamination” we now launch a new Guile process with a
> well-known load path.  It’s not the prettiest solution, but it works
> around the problem effectively.  It is a matter of philosophical debate
> whether the GWL can still be called an “extension” to Guix when we
> aren’t even using the same process and launch an independent Guile
> process, but I’m okay with that because the exploration of this space is
> one of the goals of the GWL :)

I see, the new approach sounds robust to me. Just one question: If I
read the commit right, lib-guix is started as a second process using
system*. Isn't it possible to exec into lib-guix? If I understand the
problem correctly, the host-guix process isn't really required anymore
and can be replaced with lib-guix?

Thanks for fixing the issue & best regards,
Ontje