gzz-dev

[Gzz] glittering

From: Ann Carroll
Subject: [Gzz] glittering
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 14:47:18 +0300

And everyonecapable of receiving the truth recognizes it in my voice.
You have an earthly father and an earthlymother.
The main door is in the sidewall on Walpoles right.
You, a vagrant, a talker, who have never had to pass asentence nor levy a tax nor issue an edict! You are a more dangerous fellow than I thought.
He has many names and hisnature is manifold. Yet the word came first, before it was made flesh.
Socrates and Jesus are the mosttalked of in Christian countries. It may be the thought of the beast of prey strivingto return. He is agentleman: and his manners are fairly pleasant; but they are not inthe least conciliatory.
The Horse Guards parade is reserved for the military.
You are the first person I have met intelligent enough toask me that question.
He was not onlyallowed but challenged to defend himself. I do not allow those words to be spoken in mypresence.
Now Pilate, though perhaps a trifle abovethe average of colonial governors, is not a heroic figure.
Were I Satan, my argument would still hold. Truth is of the present, not of the future. Possibly it was the Pope who, to console him, whispered E pur semuove.
That will always dependa good deal on circumstances. Then you are defying your father and mother. In the corner farthest from Walpole, onhis right, is a writing bureau and chair for the secretary. You tell me that you are here to bear witness to thetruth! A million echoeswill not help you to rule righteously. What we need is a thoroughly popular figure.
What have you to saythat I should not have the presumption scourged out of you by myexecutioners?
Sir Broadfoot Basham has come over from Scotland Yard. You cannot impose on me with your reasonable and wellinformed opinion. Would I do that if I werenot driven by God to do it against all the protests of my shrinkingflesh?
Yet the word came first, before it was made flesh. Terrordrives men mad: hope and faith give them divine wisdom.
I came into this world and was born a commonman for no other purpose than to reveal the truth.
That ishow all the martyrs have missed the point of their defence. I take your word for it;but I ask you what is truth?
Yet their championput up no fight: he went like a lamb to the slaughter, dumb.
The difference between Roman and Jew isonly a word. I am a Roman, and no doubt seemexceptionally intelligent to a Jew. It is what you know by your experience to be true or feelin your soul must be true.
Beware how you kill athought that is new to you.
I have the same sort of knowledge from several gods. In the corner farthest from Walpole, onhis right, is a writing bureau and chair for the secretary.