gzz-dev

[Gzz] deter plop

From: Leonard Hansen
Subject: [Gzz] deter plop
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 19:34:55 +0300

All thetime he had a dim feeling that it wasnt really the money she wasafter. Ifear it was Hattys beaux yeux rather than the animals whichbrought him. Who can blame her, then, forreminding him that he was mortal, and that she was mortal too. But suddenly his veins tingled with a flush ofloyalty. Hester andJuley are already full of her praises. He pooh-poohed James about the new horses and said thathe was an old woman.
John Hayman had been born, and werestill mostly in the cradle. I cannot but think he knows what I had to tell him and thatit is all over for the best.
She has received an offer of marriage from Mr.
She was so absorbed that she did not see me till I was close toher. Your affectionate husband,NICHOLAS FORSYTE.
We have had quite a to-do, and I am not at all sure wheremy duty lies.
Allthat time she was knitting him a scarf.
And though in some ways she isattractive, I do not really think she would make him a good wife.
It is veryagitating, and I can only pray that all will turn out for thebest .
I could nottatt properly for thinking of dear Timothy. She did so wonder whether they were biting him, too.
I think I must justwait and see, as our dear father used to say so often . I am afraid I did a very unladylike thing,for I stood outside his door and listened.
I could not seewhat he could be writing and tearing up to Hatty except a proposalof marriage. He went to the window and threw it wide open.
I wonder whether it isquite wise for dear Timothy to see so much of her. I must say Hatty did not behave at allnicely. He answered the letter after waitinganother day to see if she would come to her senses. Nobody should laugh at them except himself! I think I must justwait and see, as our dear father used to say so often .
He was staring at Hattys back allthrough the ballet.
She had been away now forseventeen days, and every day his head was getting heavier and lessclear. I very much fear that it is notthe highest side of him that she appeals to.
Insome ways she is quite provincial, but she picks things up veryfast. Well, she said, pertly, here we are again!
She laughed and said flippantly: No,they dont look as if they were meant to be read. In her own letters shetried hard not to be just gossipy, but like Maria Edgeworth.