h-source-users

Re: [H-source-users] restrictions to installation of cards

From: Antonio Gallo
Subject: Re: [H-source-users] restrictions to installation of cards
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 07:34:33 +0100 (BST)

--- Sab 25/8/12, Antonio Gallo <address@hidden> ha scritto:

> Da: Antonio Gallo <address@hidden>
> Oggetto: Re: [H-source-users] restrictions to installation of cards
> A: address@hidden
> Data: Sabato 25 agosto 2012, 07:25
>

> --- Ven 24/8/12, address@hidden
> <address@hidden>
> ha scritto:
>
> > Da: address@hidden
> <address@hidden>
> > Oggetto: Re: [H-source-users] restrictions to
> installation of cards
> > A: address@hidden
> > Data: Venerdì 24 agosto 2012, 14:58
> > Micha? Mas?owski address@hidden
> kind of
> > card is prevented. A
> new
> > wifi cards does not
> > >
> > > We need to be specific about the slot, this
> restriction
> > typically
> > > applies to a mini-PCI or mini-PCI-E cards (of one
> slot
> > only?).  External
> > > USB cards can be "installed".
> > >
> > > We might refer to only internal slots in the
> question
> > and add an answer
> > > of "no (there are no connectors for them)".
> > >
> > > An obvious implementation of this restriction
> wouldn't
> > accept non-wifi
> > > cards, checking only the vendorid:productid pair.
> > >

> > Hi, this is lammi87.
> >
> > What ever approach we choose, we must add a link next
> to the
> > question which takes the user to our wiki where she can
> find
> > really specific instructions about how to answer it and
> what
> > do we meen by these cards, ofcource.
> >

> ok we could add a link to the wiki page that describe how to
> compile the entries, where it is inserted the help text
> about this new field

I've added the new entry (in SVN):

does the device prevent the installation of wifi cards not-approved by the
vendor?

- not specified
- no
- yes, please specify inside the description entry

And added the link to the help page:

http://h-node.org/wiki/page/en/guidelines-on-how-to-compile-a-hardware-device-page

In that page I've added the section:

[h1]Does the device prevent the installation of wifi cards not-approved by the
vendor?[/h1]

We can now start to improve this new section (currently empty) in order to help
the user to compile this new entry