health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health inside FreeBSD Jail

From: Christoph H. Larsen
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health inside FreeBSD Jail
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 12:19:32 +0300

Dear Ronald,
If you do not have any experience with FreeBSD, the whole journal might be overkill, as it covers sophisticated security issues, etc, and is tailored towards setting Tryton up inside a jail. I suggest you go about this rather more gently. Have a look at the attached .pdf file, starting at "Install Python". You want to forget the OSSEC installation for now, which is only relevant for an installation inside a jail. Hope this helps! FreeBSD is very different from Debian insofar as it has a different packaging system, does jails and is, IMHO, of a more server-oriented nature (hope this is salomonic enough in order to avoid a flame war :-)).
Bests -
Chris