health-dev

[Health-dev] [bug #36118] Improve Signs and Symptoms encoding process

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: [Health-dev] [bug #36118] Improve Signs and Symptoms encoding process
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 18:34:56 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: meanmicio
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: None
                  Module: health

Details:

Currently we have the signs and symptoms in the patient evaluation as a finite
list of common signs findings or referring symptoms, shown as checkboxes.

Although functional ans statistically valid, there are several issues with
this approach

Cluttering : It might not be easy / quick to check the clinical finding.

Translation : Currently the signs and symptoms are alphabetically ordered in
English, so they are easy to spot in the screen. This is not necessarily the
same when translated to other languages.

The solution we'll be using is to adopt the ICD-10 disease model that covers
the signs and symptoms ( Chapter XVIII of the ICD-10 model).

This way will facilitate the encoding, is language independent and will be
standard.

This encoding will also remove the cluttering and will only show the affecting
clinical findings. The statistical information will be enhanced, since it will
use the standard code for the sign or symptom ( codes R00 - R99 ).

We will use an autocomplete option for encoding the information.

Since it will use a common model, there is no need to load the ICD-10 module,
although is recommended.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?36118>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/