health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] Developing the Hospitalizations module

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Developing the Hospitalizations module
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 20:56:13 -0300

Hi Andrew !
On 06/08/2013 08:20, address@hidden wrote:
> Hello GNU Health team
>
> I have some ideas for developing the GNU Health
> hospitizations module
>
> The current navigation TABS are: Admin data, Nutrition,
> Medication, Care Plan
>

> I suggest that the following TABS are added:
>
> Patient
> Allergies / Adverse reactions
>
> Active problems (co-morbidities to include
> diagnoses and undiagnosed problems)
>
> Progress notes / Evaluations (designed for
> all healthcare professionals)
>
> Nurse roundings (a list of all nurse tasks per
> patient)
>
> Vital signs (bedside monitoring)
>
> Investigations (to include Lab and
> Imaging requests/results)
>
> Referrals (to other healthcare professionals)
Thanks a lot for the suggestions. We have to be careful with the tabs,
since too much information on a single form will affect the overall
performace.

That being said, all the information that you ask is quite important and
we should be able to access it easily from the main Hospitalization
form. This is what I propose :

- Create shortcuts from the the patient hospitalization view to :
--> lab tests and Diagnostic Imaging
--> Nursing Roundings
--> Inpatient Evaluations.

All these shortcuts should be within the domain / context of the current
hospitalization Code, so we filter out the others.

Let me know your thoughts.

best,

--
Luis Falcon