health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health product pack size, pack unit and manufacture

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health product pack size, pack unit and manufacturer
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 19:27:27 +0000

Thanks Andrew !

On 20/11/13 12:09, address@hidden wrote:
> Thanks Luis
>
> I think that Tryton/GNU Health needs 2 extra data elements to
> describe (medication) products.
>
> Outer pack size - 100 tablets, 50 capsules,
> 100 mls, 10 sachets etc.
Ok, so we have two concepts, and we need both. Let's put the example of
amoxicillin

a) Product Lot (number, expiry date, ..). We have a lot with 500 boxes
of amoxicillin 500 mg, each box contains 100 amoxicillin tablets.

b) Pack unit. When we prescribe, we should prescribe the amount of
tablets for that patient, instead of a whole box. Say we prescribe 30
tablets, that we take from one of the boxes of a particular lot.

This will also happen (even more often) in inpatient/hospitalization
settings. When you prescribe or administer the unit, there should be a
stock move.

Let me know if this is what you mean.

Best,

--
GNU Health : The Free Health and Hospital Information System
http://health.gnu.org