health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] Wikibooks - Installation Instructions removed?

From: Axel Braun
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Wikibooks - Installation Instructions removed?
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 18:51:31 +0100

Good evening......

Am Samstag, 7. März 2015, 12:26:38 schrieb Mathias Behrle:

> > > I noticed that with the latest update of the system-specific
> > > installation instructions the section for openSUSE (and potentially
> > > others as well) got removed.
> > >
> > > Can anyone explain the rationale behind that?
> >
> > Here is the rationale, sent a while ago to this list.
> >
> > https://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg00521.html
> >
> > We are in the process of unifying the installation instructions for ALL
> > major Operating Systems and Distros.
> >
> > Of course, Arch, OpenSUSE and many others will be documented as
> > soon as possible. Yesterday I installed from scratch three operating
> > systems,GNU Health, evaluated and documented them. This is a tedious,
> > time-consuming process, but definitely worth.
> >
> > Hopefully I will be able to have OpenSUSE and Arch installation
> > documentation by this week. Of course, you're most welcome to
> > contribute.

looks good the installation instructions! Works!

> Just to throw in, that I am willing to contribute the installation on Debian
> via Debian packages. I will have to look, how this suits in the new
> documentation effort.
> - Gnuhealth packages are meanwhile available under debian.tryton.org and
> ready to be (more) tested
> - A docker setup for a quick local setup of the demo database is almost
> finished - This docker setup aims to be used also as an easily adaptable
> base for the deployment of a production environment
> - Documentation still has to be written

and here is my question: A script to install from sources is good. But
distribution specific packages are better (for various reasons that have
already beend discussed).

Will you put this documentation back in?

@Mathias: Looking forward for the docker-solution!

Have a great evening
Axel