health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] OT: Mail delay

From: Mathias Behrle
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] OT: Mail delay
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 20:27:42 +0100

* Luis Falcon: " Re: [Health-dev] OT: Mail delay (was: [task #15167] Orthanc
  DICOM module)" (Fri, 8 Mar 2019 13:52:05 +0000):

Hi Luis!

> On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 13:12:46 +0100
> Mathias Behrle <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > * Chris Zimmerman: " Re: [Health-dev] [task #15167] Orthanc DICOM
> > module" (Wed, 06 Mar 2019 01:26:22 +0000):
> >

> > Hi all,
> >
> > JFTR: I got this mail with quite some delay. I got the answer from
> > Axel immediately, but this original mail with 2d+ delay. The delay is
> > on gnu.org itself. Can something be done to avoid this?
> >
> I haven't looked into the dates much, but I believe the delay is due to
> the moderation process.

That's what I initially thought, too. But seeing that Axel was able to reply I
dismissed that idea.

> GNU Health mailing lists are moderated to avoid spam, so when an
> message arrives to Mailman, it needs to be approved.
>
> We can improve it by setting off the mod flag to known community
> members, but even like that spam can get through. Also, we can add more
> moderators to avoid delays if some of us are traveling.

FWIW on the Debian lists I am managing I am setting the registration to
moderated and members are able to post automatically. The rest can quite
easily be moderated, incoming mails sticking in the queue with no-spam addresses
are added at once to be allowed in the future.

Best
Mathias

--

    Mathias Behrle
    MBSolutions

    Tel: +49(761)471023
    Fax: +49(761)4770816
    http://www.m9s.biz
    UStIdNr: DE 142009020
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6
    AC29 7E5C 46B9 D0B6 1C71  7681 D6D0 9BE4 8405 BBF6