health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] icd-10 - volume 3 - alphabetical index

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] icd-10 - volume 3 - alphabetical index
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2020 23:52:02 +0100

Dear Edgar

On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 21:13:52 +0200
Edgar Hagenbichler <edgar.hagenbichler@hagenbichler.at> wrote:

> Dear Luis,
>
> as we discussed today I want to suggest to integrate the alphabetical
> index of ICD-10 WHO into GNU Health:
>
> https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/246208/9789241549165-V3-eng.pdf?sequence=3&isAllowed=y

Thank you so much! It is indeed a great complement to the ICD-10 Vol.1
and could be a useful tools for helping clinicians in finding the right
code.

> This ist the 2016 version, and I did not find the 2019 version. Maybe
> the differences are not so many so that it would be enough to update
> the changes from 2016 to 2019 by hand.

> Unfortunately it is not so easy to make a structured machine-readable
> list out of this pdf-document, but it would be worth the effort. I
> can do the medical check, but it would be great if somebody with text
> processing skills could make a csv file out of it, e.g. like:

We'll work on the parsing / extracting and let's see how it comes... :)

> "Abdomen, abdominal– see also condition
>
> – acute R10.0
>
> – convulsive equivalent G40.8
>
> – muscle deficiency syndrome Q79.4"
>
> should become to:
>
> Abdomen, abdominal:acute; R10.0
>
> Abdomen, abdominal: convulsive equivalent; G40.8
>
> Abdomen, abdominal: muscle deficiency syndrome; Q79.4
>
> That is just an easy example, if you take a look into the document
> you will see that things become more complicated.

Oh yes, indeed, but we'll figure something out :)

Let me take the opportunity to let the community know about the
importance of using both the ICD10 and the ICF coding (International
Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health). This is a key
companion to the ICD10, because the latter is good for statistics and
the former tells you how an specific health condition affect that
particular person functioning and participation within the society.

The ICF functionality is in the package "health_disability".

Thank  you again.

All the best
Luis