health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] MyGNUHealth: Import recordings - first test results

From: Mat Knoll
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] MyGNUHealth: Import recordings - first test results
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 17:16:05 +0200

Hi Luis,
- When accidentally incorrectly formatting date or time the
respective line is skipped ("Error on the date or time: Skipping...")

Great! Worked as expected :)
I understand :-)

Possible issues/problems/limitations:
- The bp/hr card correctly shows the last imported value. However,
when viewing the chart strange x-axis values are shown (screenshot is
available, but I'm unsure if I could attach it here). The result is
unchanged (again strange x-axis values) if import is limited to one
value per day.
The best is to upload the screenshot to imgur and provide here the
link :)
Here it is: https://imgur.com/pv6w94Q - I hope the link will work.https://imgur.com/pv6w94Qhttps://imgur.com/pv6w94Q
We can do that by having two columns (one for systolic and another for diastolic).
I'd assume that's the best/most elegant way - in the respective TinyDB table these are also separate values.
We could have both in one column, but then we need to enclose it in
quotes, (eg, "120,74") because we are dealing with CSV files.
Of course it's your decision, both solutions have advantages and disadvantages, but with several years of reporting experience in background I'd prefer the first way - two separate Columns. I would suppose that (commercial) bp monitors that offer export would also use commas. If one would use some other character as delimiter (e.g. "/" or ";"), that could be easily converted by importing in a spreadsheet program using customized delimiter and exporting again as plain csv.

Please let me know when the csv format is final, then I'll continue testing.

All the best,
Mat