health-i18n

Re: [Health-i18n] Merging de_DE and de_AT

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-i18n] Merging de_DE and de_AT
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 11:26:34 +0000

Hi Axel !
On Mon, 13 Mar 2017 21:58:29 +0100
Axel Braun <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> picking up a conversation between Luis, Edgar and myself from....end
> of January. Unfortunately most questions unanswered...
>
> - Merging of languages
> - currently we have de_DE and de_AT. Both trees have a different
> status in translation, so ideally both would be merged (and I assume
> some other languages have a similar setup.)
> >From Tryton 4.2 onwards the base language is always the one without
> >local
> flavour, means de, es, en,....
> Is this merging something that the translation admins can do?

Yes, but of course, we need a neutral / base language to choose, and
then, have the specific strings for the variants declared in the
variants themselves (eg, es_ES, es_AR, de_DE, de_AT ... )

> - actual translation strings - GNU Health 3.0/3.2
> How do the latest strings get loaded into the translation server?
The current translation server is for the stable branch (eg, 3.x)
We have talked to the team in Brazil, and they are willing to host the
development branch translation strings.

> - Pootle - the tool seems not to be too actively maintained. From
> what I could read, many teams prefer weblate over Pootle.

So far so good with Pootle. I have patched it a bit to generate
tarballs (instead of zip) and also create the service for
gnuhealth-control getlang.

> Could this be an option for us as well?

If you think weblate is better, of course we can discuss it. Anything
that makes GNU Health better as a whole is most welcome ! :)

All the best
Luis