Re: [Health] translating gnu health to Arabic

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] translating gnu health to Arabic
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 13:16:10 +0000

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 9:24 PM, Bashar <address@hidden> wrote:
> Okay, consider it done :) ...
>
> -My last questions :) in this message is about the documentation, I'm
> currently working on testing to deploy the Gnu health system on a
> health center server and I'm wondering if I can depend on the default
> configuration since I found an old documentation on the website of the
> project that belongs to an older version, because  there are  some
> differences. and I want to make the work precisely.
Today we start the GNU Health documentation project. We will start in
English only, to avoid obsolesence from other versions.
You are more than welcome to translate the documentation to Arabic !
Any new feature must be first documented in English, and then,
translated to the specific language. I think is the best way of
coordinating the project, but I'm open to other suggestions.

> -currently I'm using neso, and I tried to print a report that I saved
> to a folder, but, the report file can't be open in any program, so,
> what is the format of this report?, it's not a PDF report..
Tryton uses Libre Office (open document format). All GNU Health
reports are generated in LibreOffice, which gives you a lot of
flexibility.
You can also tell GNU Health to generate the report directly into PDF format.

> -currently I'm using an English version of the system, so, are the
> Arabic stored data will be printed correctly in the report
> generated?...

Yes, is a variable that you put in the report, so the report will be
printed in the users language.

> NOTE:while we finish the translation  to Arabic, we will be using an
> English version, so will we face any problem entering Arabic data in
> the system or in moving to Arabic system later?...

Not at all. You can enter the data in Arabic. Data does not translate,
so you should be OK.

> Thanks a lot for answering my questions.....
>
> Bashar....
Have a great weekend !

--
Luis Falcon