Re: [Health] Access Right to Patients Tabs

From: Christoph H. Larsen
Subject: Re: [Health] Access Right to Patients Tabs
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 23:17:27 +0430

Dear Luis,

On 24/01/12 22:44, Luis Falcon wrote:
> Dear Chris
>
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 2:43 AM, Christoph H. Larsen
> <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>>
> wrote:
>
>     Dear All,
>
>     In our setting, patient registration is handled by non-medical
>     staff (I know, it should be different, but this is Afghanistan) that
>     should not have access to any medical data at all. Still the
>     registration staff should be able to create a patient, or to retrieve
>     him/or from the patient list, enter / edit contact details and
>     addresses, as well as select insurance details from a pre-fabricated
>     drop-down list.
>

> You should be able to deal with this OK, in the following way.
>
> 1) You have the party object, where you can put all the administrative
> information about the patient
>
> 2) You have the patient object, where all the medical information is
> separated, and the administrative staff don't need to get there. You can
> even create access groups where there is no access to the patient menus.
I have thought exactly the same initially, and done os, but it turned
out to be impractical for a single reason: The unique patient identifier
is only issued upon creation of a patient, but should be at hand as soon
as the patient has been registered.,
I have therefore followed Hedayat's suggestion of doing the [atent
registration  from within the Patient menu item, after disallowing to
the registration staff all access to any medical fields. This works
(even for the blood group ;-) ), yet leave some empty tabs and sub-tabs
(Diseases, O&G, etc) flying around. Any way to get rid off them?

Thanks a bucket!
Chris

--
Dr. Christoph H. Larsen
synaLinQ (Vietnam)                      synaLinQ (Kenya)
P.O. Box 55, Bưu điện NT, 01 Pasteur    P.O. Box 1607, Village Market
Nha Trang, Khánh Hòa                    Nairobi 00621
Vietnam                                 Kenya
Mobile: +84-98-9607357                  Mobile: +254-753-632481
        +49-176-96456254 (Germany)
Fax:    +49-231-292734790
Email:  address@hidden