Re: [Health] GNU Health and Tryton ERP

From: Sebastián Marró
Subject: Re: [Health] GNU Health and Tryton ERP
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 14:14:10 -0300

Hi Chris

2012/4/7 Christoph H. Larsen <address@hidden>
Dear All,

Over the past few days, I have been trying to look into workflows that
are mainly involved with the ERP side of GNU Health:
Imagine you run a hospital pharmacy and want tyo keep your pharmacy
stocks in order.
First, there is a sore lack of product expiry in the product module.
This is a must for any perishable goods, not only meds and vaccines, and
should NOT be replicated in the GNU Health's vaccine section!

I think we can integrate/add the expiration date of perishable goods with the new stock_lot module [1], being developed by Cedric. I think that the expiry date has to be a Lot property, and not a Product property.

Second, even before installing GNU Health, I have a strange error with
Tryton's product module: As soon as If we ark a product buyable, there
should be, for instance, a facility to enter suppliers into the supplier
tab. However, this does not work with Tryton 2.2, as it seems. because
there is not supplier selection section - see screenshot. The same is
true for the accounting tab - the supplier tax section is missing - see
screenshot.

That's strange. If i install the purchase module, the Suppliers tab shows, with a Suppliers grid and the Suppliers taxes in the Accounting tab (See attachments)

Regards

Third, after installing GNU Healh, I note a possible conceptual flaw in
GNU Health: Products (like drugs) become salable (type: should be
sellable) ONLY. This is a BAD THING (TM), because this way we through
the huge domain of drug procurement and stock management overboard. They
MUST be buyable (procurable).
Thoughts anyone on any of my problems one to three?
Thanks a lot,
bests -
Chris

--
Dr. Christoph H. Larsen
synaLinQ (Vietnam)                      synaLinQ (Kenya)

[1] http://codereview.tryton.org/309002/

--
Sebastián Marró
thymbr@