[Health] Shed some light on how invoicing works using health services

From: MOUTI, A. (MR.)
Subject: [Health] Shed some light on how invoicing works using health services
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 16:51:58 +0200

Shed some light on how invoicing works using health services

Let me first point out that I have seen Luis Falcon and Sebastian’s detailed explanation with regard to this topic. I understand that Health services is a generic setup with intent to help invoice different services to a patient in one module. Good ideal. However, applying this into practice is where I’m challenged.

Well, I guess if this can be demonstrated using my scenario will help many people.

Let me say I have a product(service) called consultation

I therefore create three pricelist for the product

1.       ConsultationPrice   = cost price (money to be paid by patient if s/he is not insured)

2.       Consultation  insurance Price =cost price * 0.90 (part to be paid by insurance if patient is insured)

3.       Consultation patient Price = cost price * 0.10 (part to be paid by patient if patient is insured )

Let say patient X has insurance and I need to invoice him for consultation as well as prescription for medication.

Question is how do I invoice these services?

What I did

I clicked on health services menu – open new records then selected a patient. Pressed on launch action button  which then asked me to create an invoice.  But when I create an  invoice, I’m asked either  to select a product or choice payment term for this invoice. How and where to I choose all these?

Thank you

Alec Mouti