[Health] New Member of savannah.gnu.org

From: Candidoskie Berdin
Subject: [Health] New Member of savannah.gnu.org
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 00:20:31 +0800

Hi to All,

First of all thanks to the people working with this group.

I'm Candidoskie P. Berdin II, a developer/analyst and system implementor here in the Philippines.

Just recently visit the GNU Health site and I'm very interesting on it and that's why I want to be come one of the member and get involve in the GNU group.

In connection to this, I've been working on a NGO Project funded by one of the foundation here in our country.  I was hired as an I.T. Consultant and Developer to develop a HIS for a government hospital.

I already started develop Hospital Information System  for government hospital here in our country (Philippines) using PHP with CodeIgnitier framework, MySQL DB, _javascript_ and JSon but after some searching about HIS in google, I visited then GNU Health site I told myself that "oh my god this is what i'm looking for and I don't need to re-invent the wheel".

Though it is a very big challenge in my side, that I need to learn and shift from PHP to Python with Tytron Framework or General Purpose Platform (that's what I read in their site), but I'm willing to learn and give a shot on it.

As I read in the part of in GNU Health site (http://health.gnu.org/contact.html), I want to get involved on this and I want to inform to all private and government hospitals in my country that there is a software like this and they don't need to expense more and its FREE SOFTWARE.

For now, I need to install this software in my PC and check first in my side.  And by next week I will visit to my client (government hospital - a tertiary hospital and the foundation I'm working for) and install to there local PC and meet to Hospital Director to inform him (regarding free software and GNU Health software/website also) and have a demo and use them as testing for the moment.

Again thank you and I'm hoping that I can successfully implement this (GNU Health software) to my current client and to implement this free software to other hospitals (private or government/public) in our country.  I will give you feedback to the group soonest.

Merry Christmas to All,

Jun-Jin