[Health] GNU Health for community hospital in India

From: Blue Light
Subject: [Health] GNU Health for community hospital in India
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 19:04:26 +0530

Hello,
We are considering GNU Health for the township hospital in Auroville, a universal town in India. We are a small team and would be grateful if you could give us an idea of the efforts involved and clarify some of the following :

1. How long does it approximately take from start to deployment for a 100 bed hospital? (Implementing Patient Appointments, Inpatient and Outpatient evaluations, surgeries, finances, obstetrics , stock management , Laboratory management, bed management, ICU, Pathology, Radiology, USG and Pharmacy.)

2. Would we have to make any source code changes?. Or do we only have to configure and create the database?.

3. We understand it depends heavily on Tryton which is owned by a different organisation. If Tryton project were to run into any difficulties would that affect GNU Health?. Is there any issue we need to be aware of in this regard?. Please let us know.

Any comments or suggestions would be be very helpful for us. We look forward to hear from you.
Best wishes
Kaushik