Re: [Health] evaluation edition

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] evaluation edition
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 11:56:48 -0300

Hi everyone

On 29/07/2013 06:28, ronald munjoma wrote:
> Hi Khay and Sebastián,
>
> On 27 July 2013 14:26, Khay Bagus <address@hidden
> <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
>
>     Dear All,
>
>     I have been facing a issue with gnuhealth these days.
>
>     Lets say a patient enters the triage room. The doctor who sees him
>     for the first time is Dr X. He sees that the patient has to do some
>     lab tests. So the patient goes to the laboratory. Unfortunately some
>     tests take 2 hours to be ready. So when the patient returns to the
>     triage room, the doctors shift are changed. So the Dr Y opens a
>     previous evaluation by Dr X edits it and saves it... By the end of
>     then day we don't have a way to know wich doctor really saw the
>     patient and who did what.
>

> Having searched deeper, Khay is referring to Multiple providers per
> single encounter and the need to  document and connect providers and
> their roles to the encounter. I came across this OpenMRS design proposal
> for dealing with such a scenario [0]

I believe we face two different scenarios :

1) Multiple health professionals involved concurrently in a procedure
(surgery, evaluation ... )

2) A patient evaluation that spans over 2 or more health professionals
in a sequential manner.

For #1, we can use the model similar to the surgery, where we have
different roles (surgeon, primary care, anesthesits, ... )

For #2 I think the best way to go today is for the doctor that finishes
the shift will close that evaluation, and the next one will open a new
one, but each doctor should be responsible for the evaluation she or he
makes. You can also use the ambulatory or inpatient care that allows you
to follow up a case.

What do you think ?

Best,

--