Re: [Health] Lao UNICODE shown as square char under Windows OS

From: Axel Braun
Subject: Re: [Health] Lao UNICODE shown as square char under Windows OS
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 09:14:46 +0100

Hi,
Am Montag, 17. Februar 2014, 06:28:50 schrieb Bounmy Sihaphom:

> I am implementing GNU Health at Center of Medical
> Rehabilitation,Vientiane,Laos as Pilot Project with the aim of using the
> software across the country if this project goes well at this hospital and
> accepted by the ministry of health.

Sounds promising, good luck!

> The time line is June 2014, all must be
> done by then. However, we stuck in Lao Unicode shown as square shape
> everywhere in windows workstation but not in ubuntu desktop.As you know it
> is very hard to get rid of 30 laptops and PC with Win OS installed.

Is there any software running on these PC that requires Windows (with no
alternatives and no workarounds, e.g. wine)? Or is it just because 'they were
always running Windows'.

So you may think about making the move to a Linux-Distro on the frontend,
giving you the ability to re-use old hardware. Beside some other advantages.

Cheers/Axel