Re: [Health] Pathology Group and Disease Cathegory

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Pathology Group and Disease Cathegory
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 22:15:50 +0900

Hi Bounmy !
On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 17:03:48 +0700
Bounmy Sihaphom <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Gnuhealth Community!
> I am learning medical term:
> 1. Maybe someone can help me what is the difference between Pathology
> Group and Deseases Cathegory,
> 2. When printing the report of top ten deaseases , under Health, the
> report shown o cases, yet I have doctors started doing the
> evaluations for the last 3 months and chose desease from the list.Did
> I set up deseases  at my hostpital wrong?When I check the desease
> from ICD10( around 14,000), It does not seem relating to any
> pathology group but cathegory.When choosing top 10 deseases to print
> from the drop down menu, I must select pathology group, I am a little
> confused.Can someone help me.

Pathology groups enable you to associate a disease to different groups.
For instance : Tuberculosis can be linked to the groups Social,
respiratory, infectious and notifiable diseases. Is independent of the
disease coding that you use.

The Disease category is mostly used fo WHO ICD10, and allows you to
open a tree. It is a M2O relationship, so it can only be linked to a
category, contrary to Disease Groups that allows to link a disease to
many.

The "pathology group" is quite versatile and I put the focus in this
model, not only to aggregate, but also to create automatic actions upon
their groups.

Best,

--
Dr. Luis Falcon