Re: [Health] Gnuhealth in Laos take a big turn at the biggest hospital i

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Gnuhealth in Laos take a big turn at the biggest hospital in LPDR
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 10:07:25 +0000

Hi Bounmy and Lao team !

On Fri, 28 Nov 2014 10:59:40 +0700
Bounmy Sihaphom <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all!
> Just to share good news to all of GNUhealth Community.
> We, Gnuhealth  Lao Team, has been very busy in the next two weeks,
> presenting  Gnuhealth functinalities and visiting hospitals.
> Yesterday we did the presentation at Mahosot Hospital,the first and
> biggest  hospital in Laos, established in 1910 by French medical
> doctors.

Congratulations !

>It has 31 wards with more than 450 beds, and employs more 700
> medical staff.The presentation went very well but some questions
> needed to be answered, so we owed them and we
>really need our
> community some help.Here are some questions:
> 1. Can Gnuhealth generate the test tube label?if so and how?
GNU Health can generate labels with bar codes / qrcodes containing the
information of the test. That should not be a problem.

> 2. Database synchronization between Institution centers?We will use
> PUID (gnuhealth) as unique identifier for patients.Each centre has it
> own server, we will setup a centralized data centre at Ministry
> (Ministry of health), how to synchronize databases?Centre to Centre?
> or Centre to Ministry?Can someone give some hint? I heard 2.8 will
> come with synchronization mechanism, is it true?
Yes. It looks like very similar to what the team in Jamaica Ministry of
Health is doing.

GNU Health 2.8 will be out shortly, with this and other
functionalities, so please focus on 2.8 for the implementation.

Check task #13407 [1] for more info.

1.- The GNU Health Synchronization Module @ Savannah :
https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?13407

Congrats again !