Re: [Health] right of access Question

From: Axel Braun
Subject: Re: [Health] right of access Question
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 20:51:57 +0200

Am Dienstag, 29. September 2015, 10:16:47 schrieb Iwan de Rooij:
> Also in a Developing country as  where i am situated , Clinics, General
> Practitioners,  Labs eye clinics are Not used to working together. And
> especially not in sharing data with each other. (They  act like they are
> adversaries)

Normal, lots of isolated solutions that cant talk togehter. And even if they
could, do they want?

> They also do not like change in their work routine.

The change management process, the soft factors, are for the most difficult
parts to realize. So this is not new as well.

> So my idea is to make it simple for them, so our Developing country can
> profit from GNU Health

That is definitely a good idea, but you need the empowerment and commitment
from very above (Ministry?) to run the project. All parties should buy in.

What country are we talking about?

> I think this makes the situation a little Different..
>
> Every site will need  their separate database I guess ,if there is no other
> option.

There is, see the Jamaica example with a central repository and synchronized
locations. Maybe Luis, Nico or Ced can tell about it?

> And the Ministry will get Admin rights on all those different data bases,
> and remote access.

..or maintain the local DB. So, there's more than one way to do it. It all
depends on the local situation

Best regards
Axel