Re: [Health] GNU health : Help

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] GNU health : Help
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 22:36:37 +0000

Dear Dr. Puneet
On Wed, 17 Feb 2016 03:19:00 +0530
"Dr. Puneet Maheshwari" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello
> First of all, would like to thank and congratulate you and your team
> for developing such a software which helps health institutes like
> ours in managing lot of resources and data.
>
> Trying to implement GNU Health at our hospital using SUSE studio Live
> CD image.
Excellent !
While the live CD is a great resource to test the system, it's not
suitable for production systems.
Please refer to the Wiki section[1] for installing production
systems.

> Want to know few things before I start the process...
>
> Is there any option of using GNU health via web instead of tryton...as
> installing tryton on every device is not possible, especially iPads
> and iPhones.

There is a web version. You can access our community server via web
[2], which covers most of the functionality.

> Secondly, is there a possibility of delayed database update in case
> of any network issues (failsafe).
Yes. You can setup a standby database system, where you can specify
the log shipping / replication process.

You can even use selective synchronization / aggregation, using a
distributed model[3][4]

> Thirdly, can we preinstall or add all the villages and small towns of
> the state or country (in demographic hierarchy ie
> village-taluka-district(zila)-state-country, India specific)  in the
> demographics database so that its easier to catalog and organise and
> avoid inter-user spelling changes.
Of course. As a matter of fact, and following our motto "People before
Patients", you can and should upload all the infrastructure and
demographic information in the first steps of the implementation.

Kind regards,

1.- https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Installation
2.- http://health.gnusolidario.org:8000
3.- https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Introduction