Re: [Health] LDAP Support in GNU Health Running Tryton 3.4

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] LDAP Support in GNU Health Running Tryton 3.4
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 11:36:58 +0000

Hi Chris !
On Mon, 5 Sep 2016 20:25:30 +0300
"Christoph H. Larsen" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have the task to convert a GNU Health instance sitting on top of
> Tryton 3.4 to user authentication by OpenLDAP. I understand that this
> is the first version, where Trytron left the two-module GUI
> configuration game.

Yes. Module ldap_connection was dropped in 3.4, and the connection info
are now entries in the trytond.conf

The information on the Wikibook still reflects the pre-3.4 config for
tryton, but the slap configuration is just fine, so you might want to
check it[1] . We already have a task to update it :)

Here's one example from Joe's trytond.conf :

[ldap_authentication]
# The URI to connect to the LDAP server.
uri =
ldap://<your_ldap_server_ip>/ou=people,dc=gnuhealth,dc=org?objectClass?onelevel

Also, here are params for ldap_authentication[2]

1.- https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Central_Authentication
2.-
http://doc.tryton.org/3.4/modules/ldap_authentication/doc/index.html#uid

Hope it helps