[Health] Performance Tuning

From: Khurram Shahzad
Subject: [Health] Performance Tuning
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2016 18:18:12 +0500

Dear All,

Our GNU Health implementation has been running for last 20 days. We have registered about 1500 patients, 1000 lab, radiology and IPD procedures and 17000 medicines.

The server has four CPUs each with six cores and a 16 GB RAM running Ubuntu 15.10 Server.

The problem we have started facing is the slow response. I don't see the server RAM usage going above 2.5 GB. I have set the shared_buffer of PostgreSQL to 6GB.

What may be the possible cause behind it? How can I tune the Trytond process, if it require some performance tuning?

Sometimes we have to wait for around 5 seconds after clicking on 'New' button on patients' list. Then another 4 seconds for 'create new party' form.

Any suggestions/thoughts?

--

Regards,
Khurram.