Re: [Health] Triggering HL7 messages

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Triggering HL7 messages
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 18:01:25 +0000

Hi Leonardo !
On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 14:46:43 -0300
Leonardo M. Ramé <address@hidden> wrote:

> El 21/02/17 a las 14:39, Luis Falcon escribió:
> > Hi Leonardo
> > On Fri, 17 Feb 2017 09:59:59 -0300
> > Leonardo M. Ramé <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi, I'm trying to understand how a basic radiology workflow could
> >> work and wonder if there's an already implemented HL7 client to be
> >> used at some specific events, for example, when an Imaging Test
> >> Request is made an ORM^O01 message should be sent to a configured
> >> Host:Port.
> >>
> > In GNU Health, we are working in FHIR adoption. For imaging
> > studies, you might want to take a look at the following resource
> >
> > https://www.hl7.org/fhir/imagingstudy.html
> >
> > At our side, Chris Zimmerman has created a HL7 FHIR server, where
> > you can access some resources (patient, lab, ... ). It's still work
> > in progress.
> >
> > Bests
> > Luis
> Thanks Luis, yes, I've read about the HL7 server...but what I was
> thinking about was an HL7 Client, to send ORM^O01 messages to another
> system(s) after an appointment was scheduled.
>
> If this is not included by default, how do you handle this situation?
> by creating triggers in the database to populate ad-hoc tables for
> integration with 3rd parties? in that case, which tables should I
> look for adding my own triggers?.

I'm not sure if I understand your question.

If what you want is to push a message from GNU Health to another HL7
server, the best way would be to create a wizard or an action and send
the message to another HL7 server or "middleman" . I don't see the need
to use temp tables, and I would avoid that option.

PS: I almost missed my flight to Buenos Aires when writing the email,
so probably we can talk it there  during the week :)

Bests
Luis