[Health] Inpatient Medication Issues

From: Khurram Shahzad
Subject: [Health] Inpatient Medication Issues
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 13:01:43 +0500

Dear All,

The medication of hospitalized patient can be divided in two phases being:

1. The doctor prescribes the medicine (doctor specifies dose, admin route and admin times)
2. The nursing staff administers the prescribed medicine by giving the specified dose of the medicine at the specified admin times.

Thus the nursing staff should not be able to change the medicine prescription information including dose, admin route and admin times etc. I am unable to impose this rule using access permissions.

I have given read & write access of following Models to doctors so that they can prescribe the medicine:
a) Inpatient Medication
b) Inpatient Medication Line
c) Inpatient Medication Admin Times

I have given read & write access of following Model to Nursing Staff:
i) Inpatient Medication Admin Log History

Since, the nursing staff should not be able to change the inpatient medication prescription, I have given ONLY  READ access of following models to nursing staff:
a) Inpatient Medication
b) Inpatient Medication Line
c) Inpatient Medication Admin Times

But, after these settings, the nursing staff can just read all above-mentioned models and can not create Medication Admin Log History.

Nursing Staff can create Admin Log History only when I allow write access of Inpatient Medication to them. As a result of which they change the medication dose and admin times which we don't want to allow to them.

I am sorry for lengthy mail; but I am in a real fix and need help.

--

Regards,
Khurram.