Re: [Health] PUID on Patieent Information

From: Carlos Eduardo Sotelo Pinto
Subject: Re: [Health] PUID on Patieent Information
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 15:30:22 -0500

Hi Luis, comunity
Any suggest on this topic

best regards

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 10:40 PM, Carlos Eduardo Sotelo Pinto <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Luis
Long time I have been far from coding for study reasons, and I couldnt follow / continue this discussion

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 10:17 AM, Luis Falcon <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Carlos !

On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 05:34:41 -0500
Carlos Eduardo Sotelo Pinto <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear Coders
>
> I was reviewing some of the block fo code related to gnu health in
> order o understand how gnuhealth is managing patient and party
> relationship, how ever I have noiced ( GNU Health 3.0.5 )

You should upgrade to 3.2.x ;-)

> 1. On health/view/gnuhealth_patient_form, about identification code,
> thre is a comment "You might also want to use the Health_archives
> module", I guess this is the most natural way of working with paper
> archives, however I dont understand the reason of taking of this kind
> of information that could be so important in order on search this
> field.

Most health institutions have their own clinical / patient history
record. This is translated to "Medical Record" type on the "Alternative
IDs" of the person.

It's useful when, for example, the data has been imported / merged
to GNU Health from different health institutions, or from paper-based
(archives) records.

​Yes, I have seen it, however, as you write, is just an alternative​ ID; that "could" no "must" be used for medical records.

> 2. About PUI on the same, about the code, is using itw own secuence,
> however t the same code, it is using the party PUID, then my question
> is why is the reason on havingits own sequence number if the patient
> PUID will take this code from the party, I guess the patient PUID
> must be unique and use its own sequence, since it will have its own
> natural sequence as a patient, that most of time won be the same as
> the partu that couldnt no be a patient

In the PUID, unless specified, GNU Health generates an alphanumeric
string of the form
​​
"XXXNNNZZZ" automatically.

​Yes, I have seen this code​

​, however ​is not useful at all

This applies to parties that are physical persons ("people"
attribute). When the party is not a physical person, the "NP-" (for
"non-person") is prefixed to the string, and it won't be shown on the
main form.

> My questions:
>
> 1. is there a way to get back the identification code on patient?

Yes. People and Patients can be searched by any type of ID (PUID or
alternative IDs).

​I guess, my question was no clear​

> 2. is there a way to use the patient sequence on patient instead of
> party PUID?

You can override the PUID method and use a sequence instead. However,
​​
it won't be unique, since that sequence will be the same in every
institution you install GNU Health HMIS, and that is not good.

​I understand you point of view, however I dont understand what you said ​"
it won't be unique", if it could be a generated secuence like other secuences or like patient secuence

Starting GNU Health 3.2, we are linking the GNU Health HMIS with the
GNU Health Federation (see https://pypi.python.org/pypi/thalamus ).
That's part of the reason to have the GNU HEalth Federation ID, to be
able to have single and up-to-date demographics and medical
history of the person across distributed, heterogeneous networks.

Thank you for your feedback and hope this helps !

​My reason on this topic is since​ most of medical centers has its ownn PUID for medcal records, and having, on my side the
"XXXNNNZZZ" generated no always must be the used on each medical center. I am guessing that I must overwride it in order on make the PUID use patient secuence as the medical center decide.
Probable could be nice or a good ide having also a way to manage it as HMIS, but I dont really know if could be usefull to force medical center use just this way of generated numbers

Best regards

All the best
Luis
--